Hydroforming: Yet Another Midwest Distinctive. When Americans think of the Midwest, several distinctives may spring to mind. First, there’s Chicago, the Midwest’s largest and best-known city. Then there are the Midwestern sports teams, such as the Ohio State Buckeyes. The Midwest has always been known for its farming and has been more recently singled out for its ability to draw Hipsters. On a less well-known front, the Midwest occasionally gives its citizens a peek at the Aurora Borealis. More recently, the Midwest has become home to some of the nation’s most promising start-up companies. In fact, the region may soon have more start-ups than the Silicon Valley.
Posts Tagged midwest hydroforming
American Hydroformers: Planning Ahead. The manufacturing process that is used to form flat metal sheets into compounded sheets by exerting water pressure on a hydroforming press is known as hydroforming. In the automotive industry and others, hydroformed components have significantly improved the quality of products that are being produced. Hydroforming has also opened the doors to many new ideas and designs.
There is a good chance that the majority of the things you use on a regular basis were created using a hydroforming process. The vehicle you drive every day and the bicycle your children ride every day after school were built using a hydroforming process. Hydroforming is an effective and efficient process that is used to form metals. The hydroforming process holds a variety of features that make it an increasingly popular choice in a variety of industries, including the automotive industry.
Hydroforming and metal spinning are two of the most efficient and effective processes that are used to produce a variety of high-grade, durable metal components and parts. At American Hydroformers, we produce our parts and components in a variety of measurements and shapes, and it can depend on the needs that the client has specified.
In the middle of the US, located in what is universally known as the “breadbasket” of America, sits the heart of hydroforming in the Midwest. The sometimes seldom-known but vastly innovative production, which benefits almost every industry big and small, technically termed as “hydroforming,” sits atop ingenuity. Bringing with it vast benefits for just about any industry that chooses to use its simple, yet effective design principles.
Here are 5 benefits of hydroformed components :
1. Simple but strong products. Hydroformed components are designed strong, and built to last a long time. It’s just how they are produced. Hydroformed products often beat out similarly designed products made to perform in the same manner.
2. Increased ductile and tensile strength. Compared to regular products of the same design, hydroformed products exhibit an increased ability to be drawn out (ductile), and used in restrictive, tense environments (tensile). This has to do with the selection of metals used for design, thanks to years of consistent research.
3. Cost-effective savings. Because of the design concept, shaping ductile metals into lightweight components brings with it an incredible savings. Add to that low material costs, and the savings is passed back on.
4. A variety of production methods. With hydroforming, there’s something for everybody in terms of design technique. From tube hydroforming to deep draw hydroforming to metal stamping, any type of component is open to design.
5. Efficient production technique. Unlike traditional means of production, hydroforming offers several time-saving measures, like quick changeover times, reduction in tooling, quicker operations, and less need for manual operators. Meaning components are made faster, and with less wait time.
All in all, hydroforming in the Midwest beats out many other production and design techniques in the same category. For lightweight precision, with consistent guaranteed quality, hydroforming offers numerous benefits over traditional methods of production.
For more information on hydroforming, techniques, designs and innovations, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We can walk you through the process to find out how we can help you with your every need.