Friction stir welding is used to create joints that are of the highest quality and of the highest strength. Friction stir welding was patented in 1991. The first applications that friction stir welding was used for was aluminium fabrications. With its low distortion, the solid-state joining process of friction stir welding is able to create lap joints or butt joints. The joints can also be created in a wide variety of the thickness and the length.
Since friction stir welding is a solid state process, you will not have to concern yourself with any of the errors that may occur when you are using fusion welding. The quality of welding is excellent, and it is friendly for the environment. There are not any kind of fumes that will be triggered into the air.
What Can You Expect From Friction Stir Welding?
- There will be no limit on the length and width of your panel. Friction stir welding can successfully meet the needs of your application, no matter what size the parts are.
- Since friction stir welding is one of the most cutting edge technologies and developments, there will be new developments and solutions for all of the customers using the process.
- Protecting the environment is a serious issue and concern. If you want to do your duty of protecting the environment, you can feel comfortable with using friction stir welding. It is a relatively green process. There will be no triggers of gases or fumes. You will be creating something amazing, while protecting the environment with this environmentally friendly process.
- Friction stir welding can be operated in every position.
- You can expect to be able to make hybrid components. This can be done by joining different products. Aluminum and magnesium alloys are two examples of different materials that can create those components.
- A low energy input compared to other types of processes.
In this day and age, and the different industries available, there is a certainty that the industry will find numerous uses for friction stir welding. This process is not expensive, and you have the great ability to weld or fuse different materials.
For more information about friction stir welding and how it can be beneficial to you, contact us.